Stress, anxiety, vitamin deficiencies, lack of sleep, medications, and more can lead to suppression of your immune system, leaving you more prone to illnesses like the common cold, influenza, strep throat, or even COVID-19. While there are hundreds of products on the market designed to help boost your immune system, here we’ll focus on MaryRuth’s Immunity Gummies. Here’s everything you need to know.
About the product
MaryRuth’s Immunity Gummies are a little pricey at about a dollar a day if you take the three recommended gummies every day. They’re sold online and through several major retailers like Amazon and Walmart and advertised for both children and adults, making them a more flexible option for families.
Because these are gummies, they’re much easier to swallow for children as well as adjusts who have difficulty with large tablets or capsules. As an added advantage, MaryRuth’s Immunity Gummies don’t contain most common food allergens: wheat, milk, gluten, eggs, soy, peanuts, crustaceans, tree nuts, shellfish, gelatin, or fish.
MaryRuth’s is a female-owned, mother-daughter company, appealing to those who seek to promote women in business and family-owned businesses with their purchases.
Adults should chew three gummies every day and children should chew one to three depending on their doctor’s recommendations.
The ingredients in MaryRuth’s Immunity Gummies include:
- Vitamin C, thought to protect against immune system suppression, heart disease, eye disease, wrinkles, prenatal health problems, and more.
- Vitamin D3, used to prevent and treat osteoporosis and autoimmune problems.
- Zinc, which is primarily known for boosting the immune system and metabolism and can be found naturally in red meat, chicken, and fortified breakfast cereals. Zinc may interfere with certain medications so it’s important to consult a doctor.
- Echinacea, which is most commonly used as a cold and flu remedy. Many also use echinacea for migraines, pain, inflammation, and other health issues.
- Elderberry, which “seems” to act against viruses like the flu virus, although more research is needed.
Other ingredients (typically used to formulate and preserve but not designed to provide health benefits) include organic non-GMO vegan tapioca syrup, cane sugar, pectin, fruit powder blend, natural cherry flavor, sodium citrate, black carrot, stevia leaf extract, and sunflower oil.
MaryRuth’s Immunity gummies are vegan, organic, free from most common allergies, and designed to boost immune response for children and adults. MaryRuth offers a myriad of other gummy and liquid vitamins if you need benefits beyond immunity.
MaryRuth’s Immunity Gummies have been reviewed by over 1,400 Amazon customers, who gave the supplement a rating of 4.8 stars out of 5 on average. These gummies are very chewy and they taste good, although they’re a little tart. They don’t stick together in the packaging, which is a benefit over other gummies. In general, customers do feel like they experience a boost in immunity when they take MaryRuth’s Immunity Gummies consistently and upon first sign or symptom of illness.
While MaryRuth’s Immunity Gummies are well-liked and seem to be effective, it’s important to discuss any new supplement with your doctor before moving forward.