Consumers have been seeking out effective immunity boosters for decades, but the demand has increased during the global spread of COVID-19 as those who are at highest risk aim to protect themselves from contracting or becoming ill from the virus. One highly-rated immunity supplement on the market is Genius Immunity Shield by The Genius Brand.
About the product
Priced at about a dollar per serving (or a half dollar per capsule), Genius Immunity Shield comes in easy-to-open packaging. The supplement in encapsulated, so those who purchase it must be able to swallow an average-sized capsule. Because the product contains vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, and other natural ingredients, it may replace other supplements and reduce the number of vitamins you have to take every day.
The directions for taking The Genius Brand’s Genius Immunity Shield are simple: take 2 capsules (or “veggie caps”) daily. The company recommends using this supplement when you’re feeling ill, during or after travel, and during or after periods of stress, but many customers add these supplements to their year-round daily routine after experiencing added benefits that they wish to maintain long-term.
Immunity Shield by The Genius Brand contains the following:
- Vitamin A which aids in vision, cell division, growth, immunity, and reproduction and has antioxidant properties, which may help prevent cancer, heart disease, and other diseases
- Vitamin C, an antioxidant that the body uses to heal itself and form cartilage, muscle, collagen, and blood vessels
- Vitamin D, a vitamin crucial for bone health; research shows that vitamin D may help prevent certain cancers, preserve or improve cognitive function, and reduce the risk of developing multiple sclerosis
- Selenium, which is found naturally in liver, seafood, lean red meats, and some grains, supports health and growth
- Elderberry is often used as an immune supplement and cold and flu remedy (but for the sake of full disclosure, not everyone agrees on its benefits)
- Echinacea purpura, which is a common cold remedy used to fight off infections a little quicker
- Baker’s Yeast Beta Glucan, an ingredient that several studies confirms can reduce the frequency and severity of flu and cold symptoms
- Birch, extracted from the bark, buds, and leaves of the birch tree, is typically used for urinary tract infections, kidney stones, joint pain, and bladder stones
Other ingredients used in the capsule include organic rice hulls, hypromellose, and ascorbyl.
While the company advertises only its immune-boosting properties, product reviewers share a myriad of other benefits like improvement in allergy symptoms, better sleep, and increased energy levels.
The Genius Brand’s Genius Immunity Shield has 205 Amazon ratings, nearly all from verified customers, averaging 4.9 stars. Customers cite benefits that extend beyond immunity including reduced inflammation, improvement in allergy symptoms, better mood, and more energy overall. Almost all reviewers who mention taste agree that the product has no taste at all or doesn’t taste bad and that it leaves no aftertaste after swallowed. Some mention that it causes no gastrointestinal symptoms, like upset stomach or diarrhea.
While not all the ingredients of The Genius Brand’s Genius Immunity Shield are proven effective by clinical research, the product is generally safe overall (but always consult a physician before adding a new supplement to your regimen) and verified customers speak highly of their experience with the product.